Saturday, January 03, 2009

Ch-ch-cha-changes!

I hate the idea of resolutions for the new year. 

(Something about the idea of making promises that i can't keep, which is something i always do, yet continually frustrate myself by doing.)

However, it would be the beginning of the year that I roll out a new schedule. I'm a glutton for punishment, apparently.

Some of this stuff is already in existence, but this is my first attempt at creating a solvent schedule for my writing, and hopefully it will have the desired effect of making me disciplined in my craft.

So without further adieu, here's the tentative schedule:

Mondays: 

I'll be continuing to post my song lyrics from my sermon-songwriting sessions (say that three times fast) on the next monday. I'm not guaranteeing greatness here, but i do at least hope to have coherent thoughts in a somewhat unfinished fashion.

Tuesdays:

This is my obligatory weekly update/rumination on random subject column for this blog. I'm going to try to not make it quite so much "this really grinds my gears!", but if my job ends up being a little crazier than normal, that may be the first thing to fly out the window.

Wednesdays:

I love movies...and music...and books...so on Wednesdays, you get a review. Not that i'm a professional at this sort of thing, but i'll try to give you a good idea of what i'm thinking without ruining the ending for you. 

Thursdays:

You've got other sites that you check, right? Cause I will not be posting on Thursdays. Go hang out with the good folks at Deadspin if you like sports, or The Rabbit Room if you like artsy stuff.

Fridays:

When you wake up, i'll have a giant post filled to the brim with these magical things called links. These will send you to some of the things that i've really enjoyed during the past week in the world of the intranets. Don't worry, they'll all be safe for workplace viewing.

Saturdays:

I've done my meditation on scripture for the past two saturdays over breakfast(usually a steak and egg burrito, grits and fruit, and copious amounts of coffee) at Cafe4 in Knoxville's Market Square, so this will continue to go out on Saturday mornings.

Sundays:

I will likely not be posting anything on Sunday, though i may be working on stuff for the week to come.

Well...this should be an interesting adventure, as i work at the rigors of blogging "full time". I hope to learn and grow with y'all in this process, and as always, make your voice heard in the comments.

Peace.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
andyvandergriff.blogspot.com by Andrew Vandergriff is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.