Tuesday, January 06, 2009

are we sure that this ISN'T seattle?

I'm sitting in my cousin's Starbucks, mooching off Mellow Mushroom's free wifi, and i'm about to drive over to work. It's raining outside, raining big fat raindrops, and it looks more like Seattle or Scotland today than it does Knoxville. I drive around very carefully, because of the lack of tread on the outside half of my right front tire on the Jeep. I should really get my alignment checked, but that costs money, and right now, i'm not sure how much money(other than the requisite gasoline and other assorted fluids) i want to keep sinking into my car. 

Today i met with my new small group leader out in Maryville at the Cracker Barrel near where he works. It was not breakfast time, so i got the Roast Beef Dinner, which is my all time go to meal at the Cracker Barrel. (I keep wanting to find something catchy and hip to call the Cracker Barrel, but nothing's coming at this point.) We had a good talk about our former churches and how we got burned, and also about how apparently there is a pack of single, frustrated women looting and pillaging single guys of marriagable age…which i would have no problem getting looted and pillaged by, frankly.

I've also been planning my upcoming trip to Washington, D.C., and the planning is starting to take some pretty clear shape now. I'm pretty excited, because i've never been to our nation's capital before, plus i'm going to be there for my first(hopefully of many) Presidential Inauguration. I'm still trying to iron out all of my details as far as where i'm going to be sleeping, which is kind of scary. I've even sent out a facebook message to a girl i randomly made out with, seeing if she knows anyone i could crash with, which officially means i'm desperate. I'll be leaving Knoxville either the night of the 13th, or the day of the 14th, depending on if i'm ready to go by when i have to be at work next tuesday or not. I, depending on if i have consistent wireless access, will be blogging in the schedule during my trip, and i may have a couple of fun things planned for that week on here. 

Look for my review of something tomorrow(I still don't know what i'm going to review, so sit tight), and thanks for your readership.

3 comments:

A. Whipple said...

Check out ZAGAT Magazine for good eats in the DC Area. Also, the bus system is rather extensive, though I'm not certain of its reliability. If the light rail is anything to go by, Metro buses are "just as good."

Joe Collins said...

You, sir, missed a day.

Shameys.

Andy said...

I know. This is new for me too, remember...if i was smart, i would have started writing all these posts in advance, like real bloggers do...but i didn't really think as far ahead as all that. Many Mea Culpas are yours.

Creative Commons License
andyvandergriff.blogspot.com by Andrew Vandergriff is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.